What's in This Guide?
- 1 How Do Daybeds Work?
- 2 How Do Daybeds Benefit You?
- 3 How to Choose Best Daybed Mattresses
- 4 Here Are the Best Daybed Mattresses
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions on Best DayBed Mattresses
Top Pick: Puffy Original
If you’re in the market for the best daybed mattress, but don’t want to go down the road of doing your own research and compare prices, then just go for this one.
We consider Puffy Original as our first choice.
Daybed mattresses are crucial and should come in handy for people who do not have enough space to live comfortably. In a smaller home or apartment, living as efficiently as possible is crucial. Choosing the best overall furniture can make all the difference.
Selecting furniture that has multiple uses is one of the best ways to maximize your living space. A storage ottoman with a footrest may be better than a traditional footstool. You’ll want to look for a bench if you want a bench that slides underneath. You should definitely consider something like a sleeper sofa or daybed when it comes to sleeping arrangements, whether it’s for yourself or guests.
We will be looking at the benefits of daybeds in the following article. We will also be exploring the story behind them. Our list includes the top daybed mattresses that we recommend the most as well as plenty of tips for choosing one.
How Do Daybeds Work?
The word “bed” usually evokes images of sleep, which usually implies wakefulness at some point during the night. Having “bed” and “day” in the same sentence is for the most part a strange concept, let alone using the same word. However, despite this, daybeds are becoming increasingly popular and people are actually embracing them.
As the name implies, a daybed is a small bed with three sides, usually twin sized. It has the appearance of a bed, however it can also serve as a couch, depending on the need. Sofas typically have a depth of 17″ to 22″, while daybeds typically have a depth of 39″ to 54″. The depth of a large daybed with a full-size mattress is 54 inches.
The beauty of a daybed is that it adapts to any home, no matter the space they have and has the convenience of being able to easily convert into a couch when needed, as well as having the functionality of a full-sized bed.
How Do Daybeds Benefit You?
Sofas and couches are essential components of any living room. You need a place to sit whether you are watching TV, reading a book, or working on your computer. In addition, guests should also be able to provide their own seating. In order to avail yourself of the benefit of an extra sleeping area, use a daybed instead of a couch if you have a limited amount of space.
A daybed has the following benefits:
- You can use a daybed for everyday use or for backup sleep.
- Daybeds often come with trundle beds under the frame for a second sleeping space.
- Daybeds are typically built with drawers underneath the bed and shelves or drawers built into the frame or side drawers.
- In addition to being available in many different styles and designs, daybeds can be dressed up easily with bedding and cushions to match your décor.
- Its extra depth makes it ideal for lounging, napping, and huddles, just like a couch or sofa.
- By adding cushions, you can customize the level of back support provided by the framed-in design of a daybed.
The decision to buy a daybed ultimately falls on two things: choosing a daybed, and selecting the mattress. A mattress is not always included with daybeds, but some do. With most daybeds, you can use a twin mattress.
How to Choose Best Daybed Mattresses
You can easily find daybed mattresses online. A simple online search could help you find the most suitable twin mattress for your needs. A standard twin mattress can almost always be accommodated by most daybeds. You may need a double or full mattress for a larger daybed, however.
In spite of the fact that choosing the right mattress size is not a negotiable point, there are many other aspects to consider. Multiple kinds of mattresses are available, as well as customizable features including material, firmness, and construction. Before you start shopping, you really ought to have an idea of your preferences and it is incredibly important to form a sense of your options before you start shopping.
A Mattress for a Daybed Should Meet the Following Criteria:
- Materials. Memory foam, latex, and encased coils are among the materials used in modern mattresses. In choosing a daybed, consider how you will use it when choosing the materials.
- Firmness. As a general rule, medium firmness is ideal for sleeping at night as well as for use during the day. You may, however, need to customize the daybed more for that use than for general comfort if you plan to use it exclusively for sleeping.
- Price. Buying a daybed mattress doesn’t have to be expensive. You can find a high-quality twin mattress at a low price, so you won’t need to spend a fortune. Before you begin shopping, set a budget.
- Durability. It is important to get the most out of your furniture investment if you choose to buy it. When you sleep as well as lounge on the daybed during the day, durability becomes even more important. Materials have an impact on durability, so pay attention to the quality.
- Warranty. It is important to check the warranty on your mattress if you plan to use it as a couch, as spills and other accidents may happen. You should consider buying a waterproof mattress cover, since some warranties are voided by stains.
Here Are the Best Daybed Mattresses
Even if you intend to use the daybed primarily as extra seating, buying the best daybed mattress doesn’t need to be a difficult task. Thus, when selecting a mattress, you need to give some consideration to whether it will hold up well over the years and if it will feel comfortable.
Mattresses for daybeds come in a variety of types. Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for you to choose between as many options as possible in different categories. We’ve selected the best daybed mattresses for you below based on our top picks:
Best Overall. Puffy is one of the most affordable, comfortable, and supportive daybed mattresses available today. The new 12-inch Puffy Lux mattress and original 10-inch Puffy mattresses both feature multiple layers of premium foam. Due to its thinner design and firmer feel than the Lux, Puffy original is a better option for daybeds.
Puffy mattresses have three layers of foam and begin with firm foundation layer. Puffy’s Climate Comfort foam is layered with Cooling Cloud foam, a layer that controls temperature. Sleeping, sitting, napping, or relaxing on this mattress is as comfortable and supportive as possible. Furthermore, it comes with free shipping and returns, a lifelong warranty, and a 101-night sleep trial.
- Advantage. Foam mattress composed of three layers that provides pressure relief, support and comfort.
- Disadvantage. Foams may be somewhat slow to respond, could be stronger for edge support
The Most Budget-Friendly Option. It is possible to spend a lot on a mattress, but it does not have to be expensive. Choosing a twin size daybed mattress instead of purchasing a larger bed for your bedroom saves you money when shopping for the best daybed mattress. Nectar is among the best budget-friendly options.
Nectar mattresses feature a quilted memory foam cover topped with a multi-layer foam construction. This mattress has some responsiveness thanks to adaptable memory foam and comfort thanks to gel foam (memory) . Because you get to test the mattress for a full year with free returns, Nectar mattresses offer excellent value at a reasonable price. Nectar has a firmness rating of 6 /10, which is optimal as a day bed mattress as well as an excellent sleep mattress.
- Advantage. Mattresses have a 365-daytrial period, they provide comfort and support, and they are reasonably priced.
- Disadvantage. Heavy sleepers may find the foam too soft, foam may take a long time to respond
Best Luxury. Our recommendation is PlushBeds if you can’t live without it. With its natural latex and premium materials, the Organic Bliss mattress is the ultimate in luxury and comfort. It comes in three different thicknesses and two different firmness levels. Mattresses like this one are ideal for daybeds as they provide so many customization options, as well as being made to be durable, comfortable, and of high quality.
With the Organic Bliss mattress, you get both breathability and comfort from organic wool and latex. There is an organic cotton knitted cover on top. It is naturally antimicrobial, mold, mildew, and dust mite resistant, and it contains no harmful chemicals. For those of you who plan to use the living room and have guests who suffer from allergies, this is great news.
- Advantage. Provides pressure relief, provides support, made from natural and organic materials.
- Disadvantages. A significant price difference between this model and other models
A Great Memory Foam. Finding the right firmness for a memory foam mattress is key, regardless of whether you are sleeping or sitting. American Sleep has five different standard bed mattress models, the AS 1 being the firmest of them, and the only one that fits quickly under a daybed.
In addition to having Bio-Core foam at the base and Cellular foam at the top of the Amerisleep AS1 memory foam mattress, it also has a full mattress warranty. These open-cell memory foams are more conforming to the body and dissipate heat more effectively than traditional memory foams. Whether you’re sitting or sleeping, the foams combined provide optimal support and comfort. Furthermore, Amerisleep mattresses are free to return and ship for 100 nights.
- Advantage. A standard 10-inch profile makes it compatible with any bed frame, as well as layers that promote sleep.
- Disadvantage. Some people may find this too rigid to suit their tastes
Best Latex. Many people find memory foam to be too sinking for their comfort, but most find it offers excellent pressure relief. You might want something more responsive if you’re mostly using your daybed for relaxing during the day. The Zenhaven mattress by Saatva is a great choice if you prefer latex. A plush or firm level of firmness is available.
A 5-zoned comfort system constructed of Talalay latex produces the right amount of firm support wherever it’s needed for perfect spine alignment on The Zenhaven. An organic wool layer to keep moisture at bay and a layer of cotton with pinholes that let air flow through. A 120-night sleep trial is also included with the Zenhaven, as with other Saatva mattresses.
- Advantages. With organic materials and two levels of firmness, the mattress emits no harmful gases.
- Disadvantage. Both sides may not be comfortable for side sleepers since they are significantly more expensive than many other models
Innerspring of best quality. Our Saatva Classic daybed mattress is the best choice if you want a classic innerspring feel. No matter where you lie on it, the mattress’ coils-on-coils design can prevent sagging. Featuring over 800 individual wrapped coils on top, the Saatva Classic is exceptionally durable.
Three levels of firmness are offered in the Saatva Classic mattress. Depending on whether you plan to sleep or simply sit on the bed, either luxuriously plush, luxuriously firm, or firm can be selected as the daybed. With an organic cotton cover and tufted Euro pillow top, this mattress has Lumbar Zone technology to ensure optimal spine alignment while you sleep. We’ll even deliver your package white glove free of charge.
- Advantage. Besides being breathable and supportive, these mattresses also come in three firmness levels.
- Disadvantage. Foam mattresses provide more contouring, while hybrid mattresses do not
Double-Sided Best. Unlike other furniture pieces, daybeds are versatile. The daybed can serve as both a place to relax and a place to sleep. Consider a mattress that has dual sides, like Layla Memory Foam, that will give you even more versatility.
For a better sleeping experience, you can choose a firmer side or a softer side when you choose the Layla Memory Foam mattress. Depending on whether you’re sleeping or spending the day, you can adjust the mattress according to your comfort level or the preferences of your guests. A Thermogel cooling cover is included with Layla mattress, in addition to Copper-Gel memory foam. For easier cleaning, it is also possible to remove the cover and zipper.
- Advantage. Two-sided flipping memory foam that is cooling and comfortable;
- Disadvantage. Changing positions may be difficult if the foam responds slowly
A Great Hybrid. Listed below are some of the most common types of mattresses available today. You may want to consider the DreamCloud hybrid mattress if you don’t want to try something unfamiliar, but want to give yourself the chance to experiment. A coil base is coupled with foam for pressure relief and the comfort of a luxury mattress.
Targeted-Support Coil is a layer of individually wrapped coils that conform to your body and are constructed on top of a thin layer of foam. An additional layer of gel memory foam is placed over the Sink-In-Just-Right foam. Quilted foam and a cashmere blend fabric enrobe the whole thing in luxurious softness. You can test the DreamCloud for 365 days for free, so you’re confident you’ll love it.
- Advantages. Luxury materials, beautiful designs, and memory foam-coil mattresses make them appealing to consumers.
- Disadvantage. Mattresses made of hybrid materials are usually quite heavy
The Best Organic. Especially if you intend to use the daybed for sleeping and sitting, it’s important that it’s a comfortable mattress. When you buy mattress from a cheap company, their materials are inferior and can harm your health and house. Consider Happsy when you are looking for an organic, safe option.
A few of Happy’s products are certified organic by GOTS and GOLS, such as organic cotton, wool, and latex. Foams containing chemical components can be attached by means of a pocketed spring base, rather than glue and adhesives. The product has a 20-year warranty along with its fire-resistance. You can return and exchange items for free for 120 days. Should you not be satisfied, you will receive a 100% refund.
- Advantage. The design is comfortable and supportive, and the materials are organic cotton. The springs are low-profile.
- Disadvantage. It’s less ideal for heavy sleepers if you are using a latex material because it has more bounce than memory foam
Suitable for cooling. No matter when you’re resting or sleeping, comfort always comes first. Choosing the Bear Original mattress for your daybed is the best option if you want a supportive mattress as well as one that is cool. These unique foam mattresses are made of three layers of foam that respond to the way your body moves.
This Bear Original mattress offers excellent support and durability, thanks to its inner layer of high-density foam. Graphite-gel memory foam, which relieves heat, is layered on top of transition foam. A 100-day risk-free trial is included in this all-in-one bed set. It comes wrapped in a breathable Celliant cover.
- Advantage. This triplelayer foam pillow is environmentally friendly and designed to relieve pressure and offer comfort.
- Disadvantage. Heavy individuals may find the couch uncomfortable, and a small amount of off-gassing is expected at first
Easily Customized. Its beauty lies in the fact that it can be made use of at any time during the day. The mattress you choose for your daybed must be tailored to the way you use it. An organization like Helix makes it simple to customize your mattress. Our favorite mattress is the Helix Luxe, which is built from high quality materials and offers three levels of firmness.
The new Helix Luxe mattress now comes in three different firmness offerings: soft, medium, and firm. Lastly, a side sleeper model and a back/stomach sleeper model are available for all three firmness levels. With the combination of coils, DuraDense foam and memory foam on top of each other, the Helix Luxe mattresses are designed to provide optimum support and comfort.
- Advantages. Comfortable, ergonomically supportive, and pressure-relieving hybrid design.
- Disadvantages. Some daybeds may not fit the Luxe model.
Heaviest-Duty. A poorly-supported surface will be uncomfortable no matter what time of day you are laying down. You may experience this problem more often if you weigh a bit more than average. The WinkBed daybed mattress has an 8/10 firmness rating, so you won’t have to worry about getting a wrong-size mattress.
The individual wrapped coils in WinkBed mattresses provide multiple zones of support. As well, Extra-Edge supports prevent sagging. In addition, this mattress includes two layers of gel-infused foam and a cool Euro pillow top. The cover is made of Tencel, so you remain comfortable even during the hottest days. There is a slight price difference between the WinkBed Plus and other twin mattresses, but it is worth every penny. It’s totally free to try WinkBed for 120 nights and you can return it as well.
- Advantage. A mattress designed for people who weigh up to 300 pounds has a 7-zone support layer and maximum heat transfer capabilities.
- Disadvantage. The mattress is not as sink-in-friendly as traditional foam mattresses for some people, since it sinks less
The Best Adjustable. The versatility of daybeds is what attracts many individuals to them over traditional sofas and couches. In addition to offering ample seating and relaxing space during the day, a daybed can also serve as a bed at night. If you have trouble finding a guest room, renting one might be the best solution. The Saatva Solaire daybed can be adjusted according to your preferences, whether you’re buying it for yourself or for guests.
There is also an adjustable air system in this platform bed, which is made of organic cotton and Talalay latex. There are 50 distinct firmness levels that can be adjusted with the push of a button, allowing you to customize the mattress for daytime or nighttime use depending on your comfort level. In addition to durability, vulcanized air chambers help you adjust the enclosure.
- Advantage. This Talalay 5 zone latex mattress offers 5 zones of firmness control and a top made from organic cotton. It has 50 different degrees of firmness as well.
- Disadvantage. Availability of Twin XL is the smallest size, with significantly higher prices other options
Choose the right mattress for your daybed, regardless of whether you’ll use it as a couch during the daytime hours or for sleeping at night. Daybeds don’t necessarily require special mattresses. The options you have if you don’t might be higher quality and you will have more options to choose from.
If you aren’t sure where to begin, the recommendations above will help guide you to some good mattresses. The list of options below is as varied as possible, so think about it.
Frequently Asked Questions on Best DayBed Mattresses
How Big Should a Mattress be for a Daybed?
Daybeds usually use a 39*75 inch twin mattress. Occasionally, you may find larger beds that will take mattresses up to 54″ by 75″ in size. You need to take measurements of your daybed mattress to determine the size.
Do Daybed Mattresses Differ from Twin Mattresses?
It’s typically the same size for daybed mattresses as for twin mattresses – for the most part, they’re both equal size. If you intend to use the daybed predominantly for daytime sitting and lounging, consider the thickness of the mattress when buying it. Most daybed mattresses are thinner than sleeping mattresses, but it’s mostly matter of personal preference which one you choose.
Does a Daybed Require a Special Kind of Mattress?
There is no need for a model designed specifically for daybeds since most mattress types work well on them. Choosing what works for you is really what matters for this purpose. To sleep on a daybed, choose a cushion that is most suitable for your posture and sleeping style. Perhaps something a bit firmer would be better if it’s going to be used mostly for sitting and lounging in the daytime. For regular use, memory foam may be too sinky unless you select a firmer version.
Are Daybeds Comfortable for Sleeping?
There are many people who choose a daybed because they have the benefits of both a couch and a bed in the daytime. Choosing an appropriate mattress for your daybed is important if you’re planning to sleep there, but also think about the firmness level that’s comfortable for relaxing as well. A medium-firm or medium-soft daybed mattress suits most people.
Is it Necessary to have Thick Mattresses for Daybeds?
It is standard that mattresses are 10 inches thick, but mattresses can be up to 12 inches thick. You might want to opt for something a little bit thicker when it comes to a daybed mattress. There are typically six to eight inches of thickness in a mattress for a daybed. It depends on the type of daybed that you choose what thickness of mattress you want. If a mattress is more than 5 inches thick, it tends to slide out from underneath, so that is not recommended for trundle beds.