What's in This Guide?
- 1 Also Read
- 2 How Do Hip Pains Happen?
- 3 Are Bad Mattresses More Likely to Cause Hip Pain?
- 4 An Overview of Hip Pain Mattresses
- 5 The Best Mattresses For Relieving Hip Pain
- 6 These Are the 10 Best Mattresses to Treat Sore Hips:
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions About Best Mattresses for Hip Pain
Top Pick: Casper Wave
For the Best Mattresses for Hip Pain Sufferers, but don’t have the time to do your own research and compare prices, just pick this one.
Our first recommendation after extensive research is Casper Wave.
A mattress that provides the maximum support possible while also meeting your personal preferences is key when it comes to choosing the best mattress for hip pain.
In terms of the positions in which we find the most comfortable to sleep, each of us has our own preferences. If you want to sleep on your back or prop yourself up on pillows, different people have different sleeping preferences. Most people find lying on their stomachs with a pillow around their neck most comfortable.
- Materials that are climate-adaptive
- Strong relief of pressure
- Comfortable cooling
- Hybrid design in a unique way
- Bio-Purification based on plants
- Pain relief aimed at a specific area
A common occurrence is to roll from one side to another while sleeping and sleeping on your side. In spite of the fact that this may appear to be the most comfortable position, it has some disadvantages as well. When you sleep on your side, you might experience hip pain if your mattress is not the right one, or if you have underlying health conditions.
The purpose of this article is to discuss some tips that you can follow in order to relieve your hip pain during the night. We will teach you how sleeping on an improper mattress can cause you to experience more pain. Here you will find a list of our favorite mattresses for those suffering from hip pain, along with our recommendations.
How Do Hip Pains Happen?
There is such a thing as lateral hip pain, which refers to hip pain from the side. It is possible to develop chronic pain as a result of a sudden or gradual onset. It is not uncommon for many people to experience pain at night, or for the pain to increase, especially in females between the ages of 40 and 60. A variety of causes can lead to back pain, including overuse and injury, as well as underlying problems.
In These Cases, Hip Pain is Caused by One or More of the Following Causes:
- Hip Bursitis. When you move, bursae cushion your joints with fluid. A condition known as hip bursitis results from inflamed bursae in the hips.
- Osteoarthritis. By normal wear and tear, the ends of the bones in the hips can wear away, causing osteoarthritis. A hip joint can become inflamed, painful, and inflamed over time if the bones start rubbing together.
- Tendonitis. The hip tendon is inflamed when a tendon in the hip becomes inflamed. The muscle is attached to the bone by the tendons. An aching groin and buttock is often the result.
- Piriformis Syndrome. During inflammation or irritation of the piriformis muscle, the sciatic nerve can be irritated. This can result in pain in the buttock.
- Scoliosis. The spine develops a sideways curve when just a child is affected by this condition. As well as causing back pain, it may induce hip pain depending upon the degree and direction of the curve.
If the cause of your hip pain cannot be determined, your doctor might have to rule out other potential causes. Sleeping incorrectly or using the wrong mattress may cause hip pain in the morning. Alternatively, you may wake up with hip pain when you pass out at night.
Are Bad Mattresses More Likely to Cause Hip Pain?
It is possible that after a sleepless night you wake up with a sore back or hip. Indicates that your mattress may be defective. An excessively soft or too hard mattress can cause hip pains as a result of pressure on the hip joints.
Mattresses need to be both supportive and pressure-relieving. A pressure relief mattress can help you maintain proper spinal alignment during sleep. It is important that your mattress conform to your body so that no contact points form, but not so much so that your back is not straight. Side sleepers need to relieve pressure points, especially if they sleep on their sides.
It’s not guaranteed that a new mattress will alleviate hip pain if it has an underlying cause. The treatment could alleviate pain, however. To make the choice of a mattress, however, you must keep in mind a few things.
A New Mattress can Provide you with the Following Benefits:
- Mattresses get less supportive the older they get, so you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years if the quality and material of the mattress permit it.
- Modern mattresses are made from materials that relieve pressure and provide support.
- Hybrid mattresses combine two or more materials to provide a combination of benefits, so you may not need to choose just one material for your mattress.
- By cutting out the middleman, you can save money and eliminate the hassle of visiting a mattress retailer in-store.
- In the modern era, most mattresses are available with risk-free 30-day or 1-year trial period allowing you to test them and return them if you are not satisfied.
Mattresses are not guaranteed to solve the problem. In the event you replace your mattress with one that is not supportive enough, your sleep problems or discomfort may worsen. In order to choose a good mattress for sore hips, make sure it has these features:
An Overview of Hip Pain Mattresses
Particularly for those who sleep on their sides, pressure points can be a cause of hip pain. In an upright sleeping position, your weight is primarily distributed between the hips and also shoulders. Your mattress could make your pain worse if it isn’t able to absorb the pressure and conform to your body contours. As a result of an improperly supported spine, your back may also be sore.
Do not pillow your knees together while sleeping. Instead, sleep on your stomach or back. Pillows between your legs will help you maintain the alignment of your spine. You might need to upgrade your mattress if none of these options work.
Choosing a New Mattress can be Challenging, but Here are Some Tips:
- Choosing a medium-firm mattress will not only provide you with support but will also relieve pressure on your body.
- In order to avoid pressure points or back pain, the mattress should provide extra lumbar support.
- For everyone who sinks when lying on a mattress, latex is more responsive and has more bounce, so it is recommended for those who sink when sleeping on memory foam.
- Think about a hybrid mattress if you prefer innerspring feel but need pressure relief from foam or latex.
- You should test a mattress for at least 100 days before you buy it to be sure it’s the right fit for you – long trials can lead to problems.
You will be better prepared to begin your search for a mattress when you have decided what your needs and benefits are. This article has been written by a number of experts to help those with hip pain or who sleep on their side to find the best pillow.
The Best Mattresses For Relieving Hip Pain
A mattress can be the perfect solution for any hip pain you have no matter how severe it is. To make it easier for you to narrow down to the brands you are most interested in, we have provided you with a varied list of options in different categories. Considering our recommendations may help you get started but you’ll need to conduct more research of your own.
These Are the 10 Best Mattresses to Treat Sore Hips:
Overall Best. Mattresses that relieve pressure without sacrificing support are best for people suffering from hip pain. For hip pain, the Casper Wave is our top pick. Hybrid mattresses are ideal for relieving aches and pains and helping you unwind, and this one provides continuous ergonomic zones occupied by gel pods. It provides maximum comfort with cooling features and is approved by customers to relieve pain.
In Casper Wave, springs give the mattress a firm edge support and a supportive base. A zoned support foam cushion with gel pods is placed beneath the waist and lower back, ensuring that your spine stays aligned at all times. The memory foam layer is topped with a fabric cover that is punctured with small holes to allow air to flow. Gel cooling is applied on top of the cooling layer.
- Advantages. Support and pressure relief for maximum comfort. Hybrid design makes it unique.
- Disadvantages. A significant price difference from other models
A Budget-Friendly Option. No matter how much you spend on a mattress, you still won’t be able to get a good night’s sleep. Amerisleep mattresses are beautiful, durable, and don’t burn a hole in your pocketbook. Five different firmness levels are available. Among the AS3 models, we prefer it. With the AS3, you get the pressure-relieving benefits you need while still enjoying the breathable properties of memory foam.
In addition to providing pressure relief, support, and softness, Amerisleep AS3 ranks among the top mattresses on the market. A medium-feeling mattress that sleeps cool thanks to its open-cell design. In addition to offering a 100-night sleep trial and free shipping, Amerisleep’s most popular mattress enhances sleeping, and it is designed to enhance sleep quality. We offer full refunds if the mattress isn’t the right fit for you.
- Advantages. Built from biodegradable materials, this mattress treats pressure points.
- Disadvantages. Some people may not find it enough bounce because it lacks edge support
Best Luxury. You should not have to suffer from hip pain that prevents you from sleeping. Sleep well and relieve pain by using the Aurora mattress from Brooklyn Bedding. The hybrid design makes this mattress a perfect choice for those who need pressure relief, cooling comfort and spine alignment support.
It is constructed with foam as the base and individually wrapped coils as the top layer. With three layers of memory foam and three firmness levels, you’ll feel your pressure and heat rapidly dissipate, while your body is comfortably cradled. A coil base minimizes motion between sleep partners, allowing this mattress to adapt to different sleeping positions. With a sleep trial of 120 nights, it offers a 10-year warranty.
- Advantages. In addition to absorbing motion and relieving pressure, hybrid mattresses are cooler.
- Disadvantages. Not as good of bounce as some other models, and a little more expensive than others
An Excellent Memory Foam. Memory foam delivers unbeatable pressure relief in hip pain, making it one of the best materials. It is shaped itself to fit a person’s shape when pressed, making it a significant development in NASA’s early days. You’ll feel like you’re cradled in a cloud no matter what position you sleep in. Among the best choices for inflammation of the hip joint is the Puffy Lux memory foam mattress.
The Puffy Lux Mattress is great for those who suffer from hip pain, as the firmness rating ranges from 5 to 7. The mattress also features Cooling Cloud and Climate Comfort foams as well as Puffy’s Body Adapting Dual Cloud Foam. With a base of soft foam and a luxury fabric cover, this mattress offers a relaxed yet supportive environment for sleep. GetPuffy offers a 101-night sleep trial, a free shipping also returns policy, and a lifetime guarantee to ensure that you love the mattress.
- Advantages. With its climate-adaptive materials and strong pressure relief, this mattress is designed for temperature control.
- Disadvantages. This mattress isn’t sufficiently firm for stomach sleepers, despite its relatively high price
Dual-Sided Product of High Quality. When your preferences change over time, how can you find a mattress that is comfortable? A mattress should last at least a few years before you have to replace it. If you’re in the market for a new mattress, the Layla memory foam mattress could be a good choice. You can pick the side that most comfortable suits you from the two sides.
The flippable mattress’ soft and firm sides can both be chosen, so it can be used in either a 4 or 7 firmness rating. Copper gel memory foam is layered on either side of the 4-inch core of support foam. Mattresses covered in luxurious fabric are luxury mattresses. As part of its thermal technology, it also stays cool as you sleep. Layla mattresses come with free shipping and a lifetime warranty, so you can sleep on them for 120 nights.
- Advantages. Copper-infused memory foam adds comfort and support to this flippable mattress.
- Disadvantages. Changing positions may be difficult with slow-response foam
Pillow-Top of the Best Quality. There are times when you want something familiar when choosing a mattress. It’s very common for people to use pillow-top mattresses because it’s what they are used to. In certain cases, a pillow-top mattress can improve your sleep and relieve pain from hip pain. The Luxe product line by Helix offers pillowstop mattresses.
Midnight Luxe mattresses have a medium firmness level that is ideal for those who suffer from hip pain. A hybrid combination of individually wrapped coils and premium memory foam delivers an ideal combination of comfort and pressure relief. Over 1,000 individually wrapped coils on this mattress provide advanced lumbar support, which is built on a base of DuraDense foam. Gel visco foam, memory foam, and memory-plus foam are layered on top of an upper layer of high-density polyfoam. Your skin conforms to these layers and relieves pressure when needed.
- Advantages. Comfortable and pressure-relieving, 100-night trial of high-end hybrid mattress.
- Disadvantages. Some brands are more expensive than others. It has been reported that heavy sleepers find it too soft
Ideal for Those Who Sleep on their Sides. Side sleeping places the majority of your bodyweight on your hips and shoulders. The wrong mattress won’t help you sleep well. If you are looking for a mattress with pressure relief and spine support without sacrificing comfort, Nolah Signature offers a 120-day trial and lifetime warranty.
There are two firmness levels in the Nolah Signature mattress – one for each side. An ultra-resilient foam layer is layered over a 7-inch high-density foam core. With Nolah AirFoam, pressure is relieved while heat is allowed to escape. A luxurious organic cotton cover covers this mattress, which stands 12 inches tall.
- Advantages. A temperature-regulating cooling foam is used for comfort, and a 120-day trial is available.
- Disadvantages. As well as being more expensive than other mattresses, it is not suitable for heavyweights
Athletes’ Best Choice. Osteoarthritis or aging joints are common causes of hip pain in many people. In contrast, young athletes may not feel their age, but actually be much younger than most people who suffer from hip pain. You want to be refreshed when you wake up in the morning after a long day of training. When you finally settle in to bed at night, your body has gone through a lot. Our recommendation for hip pain is the Bear Pro mattress, which is specifically designed for pain relief and muscle recovery.
A copper foam mattress cools you all night, which makes the Bear Pro a perfect sleep companion. As for the transition layer of responsive foam, it serves as a layer of adjustment while the middle layer of gel memory foam keeps heat away from your body. Celliant is wrapped in copper-infused foam to help muscles recover after intense activity. There is a 100-night sleep trial included with all of it, as well as free shipping.
- Advantages. It works for any foundation, keeps you cool, can be used for any type of bed, Pros: Cooling foam that works for any foundation, suitable for any type of bed,
- Disadvantages. Sleepers who are very heavy may not find it supportive enough, while those who sleep on their stomachs may find it too firm
Customizable. You and your bed partner are left clumpy the next morning with blowup beds that deflate in the night. Choosing Saatva Solaire for customizable comfort is a great choice. You can adjust the firmness level of this mattress as often and as often as you like using the dual air chambers.
Combined with advanced firmness technology, the Saatva Solaire mattress offers superior comfort and superior sleep quality. Mattresses like this one give you the option to adjust the firmness in 50 increments. A dual air chamber also allows you to adjust the bed individually on each side. Additionally, it includes free delivery and free mattress removal from your home, as well as a quilted cotton cover that relieves pressure on the joints.
- Advantages. The mattress has two air chambers and can be adjusted to fifty different degrees of firmness. The delivery and installation are free
- Disadvantages. Pricey compared to traditional models
The Best Option for Lightweight Sleepers. Most mattresses can handle people who weigh up to 150 pounds, but lighter people may find that it isn’t suitable for them. As a result, you might not fully enjoy the benefits of your mattress if it weighs less than 200 pounds. Leesa Legend is the best available option for these effects, but you may require a softer cushion.
On a 10-point firmness scale, the Leesa Legend is classified as medium-firm. Many users report that despite being rated as medium-firm, it feels more soft than firm. Spring mattresses with microcoils are designed to provide specific support on the hips and shoulders. A soft cotton and wool fabric cover covers the Leesa Legend’s memory foam and pressure-relieving properties. Deliveries are free, and the trial is risk-free for 100 days.
- Advantages. This top of the line mattress is perfect for people who don’t like to sleep on their sides.
- Disadvantages. Some people may find it too soft, while others may not find it firm enough
Perfect for Those Who Sleep Heavily. Sleepers who weigh more may feel that they sink more into their mattress than they like. It might be better to get a firm mattress, but if it’s not designed specifically for you, it’s still not the best fit. A WinkBed Plus mattress may be a good alternative for heavy sleepers who suffer from hip discomfort.
With its hybrid design, WinkBed Plus offers both coil support and foam comfort. A lumbar support layer prevents sagging on this mattress. A benefit of using Sleep Calm motion isolation is that you can share your bed with someone else. In order to keep body heat away, three layers of Heat Dispersing Technology have been used. You can try a WinkBed for 120 nights for free and it includes free shipping.
- Advantages. A unique design with 7 zones, maximum heat transfer, and a unique design for people over 300 pounds
- Disadvantages. Some people find it too firm, some say it sinks less than traditional foam mattresses
Since everyone experiences hip pain differently, what works in relief for one person may not work for another. There is a wide spectrum of mattress preferences, so choosing the right one depends entirely on your preferences. To ensure that a mattress offers both comfort and support, choose one with a good mix of both. Medium-firm to firm mattresses are most suitable for side sleepers, while medium-firm to firm mattresses may be more suitable for back or stomach sleepers. Consider the mattress’s materials as well.
To get you started shopping for a new mattress, we’ve provided as much information as we could to help you understand your issue. The best mattress for hip pain can be found by looking at the recommendations shown above.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Mattresses for Hip Pain
Is Exercise Beneficial for Hip Pain?
You should avoid all types of exercise that might aggravate hip pain if it is a result of a serious injury. However, exercise is beneficial for hip pain caused by other causes. Exercises that improve hip, thigh, and gluteal muscles such as cycling, swimming, and walking are suitable. A proper warmup and cooldown should precede every exercise session.
Should Hip Pain Sufferers Sleep On Soft Or Firm Mattresses?
You may not be directly related to your pain by your mattress firmness, but it may have a significant impact. Your mattress may create pressure points that cause hip pain if it is too soft or too firm. The advantage of medium-firm mattresses is that they relieve pressure while maintaining support for your spine and hips, which prevents back pain and hip pain.
How Should You Sleep If You Have A Sore Hip?
It may be beneficial to sleep on your stomach or side if you’re experiencing hip pain while lying on your back. When it comes to choosing the right sleeping position, keeping your mattress firm is very important. In addition, the kind of mattress you need may differ depending on your sleeping position. Choosing a mattress with good pressure-relieving properties can help you stay on your side.
Do Memory Foam Mattresses Cause Hip Pain?
A new memory foam mattress is often recommended for people with hip pain. For hip pain relief, memory foam mattresses are among the best since they relieve pressure well. Firmness and sensitivity must be balanced in the right way. In contrast, a mattress that is too firm will not allow you to sink enough. Pressure points on your hips may be caused by either of these problems, further worsening your pain, and stopping your spine from getting the support it needs.
What are Some Other Ways to Alleviate Hip Pain?
Depending on the cause, hip pain can be treated in various ways. Talking to your doctor can help you identify the cause of cute and chronic pain. It takes time and ongoing treatment to prevent some conditions like osteoarthritis and scoliosis, while others are resolved quickly. In general, making changes to your lifestyle might relieve hip pain caused by overuse rather than by an underlying health issue.
Take a break from activities that increase hip pain, and strengthen your hip, thigh, and gluteal muscles. It is not a good idea to stand too long on one leg or cross your legs for prolonged periods of time. If you are experiencing pain or swelling, NSAIDs can relieve it, while ice can help reduce swelling. Heat pads might be more appealing to you than ice but having the best mattress for hip pain is a big flex.