What's in This Guide?
Last Updated on January 17, 2022 by Sandra Allens
If you’re looking for Best Side Sleeper Pillows, but don’t have the time to do your own research and to compare prices, then just go for this one.
After a long research, we recommend Xtreme Comforts Shredded Memory Foam Pillow as our first choice.
Your overall health and progress are affected by getting enough and comfortable sleep. This is often made easier by the best side sleeper pillows. Markets have a wide variety of products to choose from. Depending on the type of garment, some will need to be machine washed and some will need to be handwashed only.
Recommended: Best Weighted Blankets for Kids
Consumers Reviews and Ratings of The Best Side Sleeper Pillows
These are the best side sleeper pillows based on consumer reviews and ratings. This will help you pick a pillow that is comfortable and reliable.
- Memory foam is used to construct the pillow.
- It can be adjusted according to your sleeping position.
- The cover can be machine washed.
- It measures approximately 23 inches. 6 x 13 inches. 8 x 4 inches. Sized for children and adults.
- The head and neck supports are exceptionally good.
Its intelligent design is well suited to side sleepers. It keeps your back straight as well as providing comfort to your head and neck. This pillow prevents neck and head pain, regardless of your sleeping position.
Ideally suited to side sleepers as well as others, this best side sleeper pillow has a unique, supportive design. You can easily wash the pillow covers in the washing machine since they come with a protective cover. A side sleeping pillow of this size measures 23 inches in diameter. 6 x 13 inches. 8 x 4 inches. Children and adults can both use it. I imagine that this side sleeping pillow will last a very long time because of its high quality and unique design.
How We Like It!
- Both adults and children can use this side sleeping pillow.
- The shape of this pillow provides excellent head and neck support.
- Furthermore, it is dustmite resistant.
- Despite being flexible, it gives you a good back support.
- Customer surveys indicate that it is too stiff, even on its best side.
- A proudly American product.
- Great for side sleepers.
- Hypoallergenic, machine washable, and dust mite resistant, this pillow is perfect.
- In addition to its soft, breathable cover, it is also durable.
- The pillow maintains spinal alignment while you sleep.
The Xtreme Comforts Pillow is one of our top picks, made in the USA. There is an adjustable neck and back support. This pillow works well for persons who sleep on their backs, sides, or stomachs. Its inner zipper also allows you to adjust its thickness. It’s an exclusive feature!
CertiPUR-US Certified foam is used in this best side sleeper pillow, and it meets their specifications. No harsh chemicals like lead, mercury, phthalates, TDCPP, TCEP are found in Xtreme Comforts pillows. Thus, you can sleep soundly and be healthy. Especially during pregnancy, this feature is very convenient.
Pillow covers are machine washable, dust and mildew resistant, and breathable. With micro-vented air flow technology, the pillow maintains a constant and smooth airflow throughout the night for an unbeatable sleep. While you are sleeping, you will feel extra comfortable thanks to the airflow.
When you are experiencing neck pain or back pain, it is a good idea to have a pillow nearby. You will be able to rest comfortably with your spine in a correct posture. Approximately 17.4 by 6.4 by 6.4 inches is the size of this light pillow.
How We Like It!
- The cover can be machine washed.
- The pillow can be machine washed.
- The product is certified and tested, as it contains CertiPUR-US foam.
- A hypoallergenic pillow resists dust, mold, and mildew.
- Several sleeping positions are supported by the pillow.
- Not as cheap as other brands.
- You can avoid back strain and pressure by keeping a proper spine posture.
- This pillow is made of odor-free memory foam.
- If you have allergies, you can use the pillow as it is hypoallergenic.
Cradle Me’s cervical pillow is supportive and luxurious, providing maximum comfort for side sleepers. It allows your neck to rest comfortably while you sleep and keeps you cool at the same time. Its unique design maintains a neutral position for your back throughout the night. Sleeping on the back or on the side is best with this pillow.
You can prevent tense muscles by using your pillow while sleeping. As a side sleeping pillow, the memory foam is highly durable and highly breathable, so you won’t feel uncomfortable.
This pillow is extremely comfortable for various positions thanks to its design and shape. You will get a sound sleep for the entire night thanks to the orthopedic pillow’s shape that supports your head and lower body as well.
How We Like It!
- The orthopedic design of the pillow allows you to use it in various ways.
- Both side sleepers and back sleepers can use the pillow comfortably.
- The foam helps your neck and shoulders stay comfortable while you sleep.
- When you wake up, you feel relaxed thanks to the contours of the pillow.
- Apparently, some consumers find that the pillow’s center is too low while its sides are too high.
- Supports your neck’s natural curve.
- The pillowcase is removable and machine washable.
- The pillow is constructed from durable memory foam.
- The pillow measures 23.5*14.5*5.5 inches.
In addition to being contour-designed, this neck pillow offers the highest level of comfort to your neck. The pillow is well-made and comfortable. Side sleepers as well as stomach sleepers will find this pillow useful. Thanks to its lightweight construction, it is able to accommodate both.
An optional zippered case completes the Marnur side sleeping pillow. Those who toss and turn in their sleep will find this side sleeping pillow’s shape to be ideal. You won’t lose sleep trying to determine the best sleeping position and will remain comfortable throughout the night.
Aside from helping to eliminate all neck and back pain, sleeping on your side becomes more comfortable since it follows the natural curve of your neck. You can wash the pillowcase in a washer and dryer.
How We Like It!
- Additional memory foam protection is provided by the pillow’s inner polyester cover.
- Providing maximum support and softness while resting your back, memory foam is both durable and comfortable.
- The material is also suitable for side sleepers.
- The pillow may be too short for sleeping on the side, according to some users.
- You can stay cool at night with a breathable cover and pillow.
- The pillow keeps the lower back and neck properly aligned while you sleep.
- Pillows made with memory foam last for years and won’t lose shape over time.
- It has a density of 3 pounds.
Side sleepers will appreciate the pressure point relief that this gel memory foam pillow offers. Moreover, you can get a deep, relaxed sleep because it reduces your back pain. This side sleeper pillow is extremely durable and supportive, as well as featuring gel memory foam.
The Big One manufactures a unique best side sleeper pillow. The design and shape of this side sleeping pillow support your neck and keep it slightly raised. As you lie in bed with your neck elevated, your back pain is reduced, and you awake feeling relaxed and refreshed. There is no need to sew this pillow together, as it has a removable cover, which you can easily wash away when needed.
It is designed to be used by both adults and children, since the size of the pillow is normal. This pillow can be used with any kind of pillowcase you desire. It is popular among side sleepers because of its contour shape.
How We Like It!
- Pillowcases can be used with this pillow, as its size is standard.
- Those who sleep on their sides will find this pillow comfortable.
- Designed for optimum comfort, it elevates your neck to provide the best possible support.
- Furthermore, it has enhanced breathability and ventilation.
- A strange smell will emanate from the package when it is unpacked.
- The height of the pillow can also be adjusted according to your preferences.
- One side is 25% thicker than the other.
- Its cover prevents sweating and overheating by ensuring that it is highly breathable.
- FDA certification confirms its class 1 status.
- It can both be machine washed.
Sable’s two-pack of pillows are filled with plush material. You can choose between a queen-sized or a king-sized set of side sleep pillows. Consequently, an extra-large pillow will fit a king-sized bed. These pillows can also be adjusted to the height of your bed, regardless of where you sleep. Adjust the height of the mattress by removing the filling and moving the height to where you are comfortable.
This set is soft and supportive at the same time, with side pillows that can be used for almost any sleeping position. Using the pillows is easy, and they can be easily maintained. Using the washing machine, you can remove the pillow cover and wash the pillows.
These pillows are made of hypoallergenic cotton, therefore if you are dealing with any condition related to respiratory system or allergies, then these pillows are ideal for you. In addition, all these pillows are treated to prevent the bacteria from growing on the covers so that they will stay fresh and comfortable all night. Also, the breathable cover has been treated to prevent bacteria growth.
How We Like It!
- Your neck and back will be properly supported.
- Because it can be adjusted to fit different sleeping positions, this pillow is best for side sleepers.
- The cover and pillow can both be machine washed.
- A class 1 FDA-certified pillow.
- Some users may find it a bit stiff.
- Polygel fibers and 100% cotton filling
- These exquisite pillows are also extremely comfortable.
- Due to their lack of chemicals, allergy sufferers can use dust-resistant pillows without fear of harming themselves.
Our favorite from the collection is the Beckham Hotel Collection Gel Pillows. Adding the pillow to a bedroom adds value, as it has a unique appearance that is attractive and adds aesthetic appeal. People with asthma or other respiratory problems will appreciate the pillow’s resistance to dust mites as well as mildew.
You won’t see this combination in normal pillows. It’s made of 100% cotton and Poly Gel Fiber. They are excellently stitched and designed, and they are extremely comfortable to sit on. They are free from toxic chemicals and resistant to dust. As well as sleeping on your side, you can use the pillow in any other position.
It resists fading and stains as well. This means you will never need to worry about cleaning it. It’s easy to clean and wash; you can put the washing machine on a low setting and quickly wash it. To top it off, the makers provide a 30-day guarantee so that you can try out the product risk-free.
How We Like It!
- The fabric is made of cotton and plush.
- Therefore, it is the perfect solution for asthma patients because it resists dust and mildew.
- It can be washed in the machine easily for quick and easy cleaning.
- This pillow resists fading and staining.
- It is guaranteed for 30 days.
- Consumer reports and ratings indicate that this pillow is too soft and bouncy.
- Formulated with a softer dough
- King and Queen sizes guarantee
- with five-year warranty
Properly aligning the head and neck requires pillows that provide the right level of support. The Malouf pillows are soft, cushy, and incredibly comfy; they have everything you need to achieve this. A large market share has been gained by MALOUF’s beds and bedding lines due to their unparalleled quality, performance, and durability.
Sleeping on your side mainly results in restless nights and back pain for side sleepers. Z Memory Foam Pillows are designed to help people have a sound night’s sleep. They are softer and more supportive than memory foam thanks to the dough formula. In addition to promoting good sleep throughout the night, the dough formula reduces pressure and pain points.
Besides the pillow, Bamboo Velour is used for the cover. The cover provides all the loft and comfort options. It can be used by folks with sensitive skin and with fluctuating temperatures. Zippers are used to close the cover. You will be able to choose from three different sizes of this item: queen, king, or travel size. In addition to loft plush, you can also choose loft medium plush or loft high firm.
Memory foam is used to make it. Additionally, manufacturers will offer a five-year warranty against manufactures’ defects.
How We Like It!
- Material finer than memory foam
- Covered in soft rayon
- Thinner when used regularly
- Comfortable down feel
- Three types of support modes: stiff, plush, and soft
- gelatinous memory foam
Another model from Malouf offers three distinct levels of support for sleepers who enjoy varying positions. It has a microfiber gelfilled cover and a convex memory foam core. Memory foam on its flat side offers firm support. Meanwhile, the convoluted side offers comfortable neck and head support. A side that is removed gives the feeling of ultra-plush down.
Moreover, CENTEL’s cover prevents overheating and moisture evaporation while absorbing moisture. Several customers have noted a cooling effect of the infused gel in their feedback reviews. Rather than retaining heat, they disperse it. This device comes with a warranty covering manufacturing defects for a period of three years. Available in queen and high loft sizes. Additionally, the gel-coated microfibers create soft feathers with no odor or allergens.
Furthermore, Tencel covers absorb moisture and retain heat, so the environment remains cool.
How We Like It!
- Any position of sleep fits
- well with the core cooling mechanism
- Wicks moisture poorly
- Cotton fabric 100 %
- duck down pillow of premium quality
- Available in King, Queen, and Standard sizes
When it comes to bed and bedding brands, East coast Bedding is the best option for those who want to find a reliable and top-rated brand. There are numerous sizes, colors, shapes, capacities, features, and interiors available.
Bedclothes and pillows by this brand come with positive reviews and feedback on Amazon. When you have concerns about a product, you can check out customer reviews.
This bedding brand’s product boasts 800 Fill Power. In order to achieve proper alignment of your neck and head, you should purchase a pillow. Your body and back will be less likely to suffer from pain. Our cotton pillows are of the highest quality. The white goose down filling of this comforter makes it extra fluffy. Additionally, the bedding on the East Coast is made of luxurious goose feathers.
A stain cover made from 100% cotton fabric in 400 count is placed. The cover is accompanied by two pillows. Based on your needs, 20 ounces can be filled into the bag. The bag is 25 ounces. The bag is 28 ounces. Queen size. This mattress has a fill power of 800, so it is of high quality and retainable.
How We Like It!
- Two pillows in a pack
- allow you to position your body correctly
- Quite expensive as a gift
Best Side Sleeper Pillow Buying Guide
When you are looking for the perfect side sleeper pillow, the following tips will assist you in making the right decision:
Material is the most important consideration when selecting a side sleeper pillow. There are different kinds of materials available. In general, pillows may contain Gel foam, memory foam, or a combination of both.
People suffering from pain or medical conditions are very fond of side sleeper pillows. Pillows differ according to the medical problem; they aren’t all the same. Chiropractors, for instance, usually recommend side sleeping pillows containing water. Pillows can serve various purposes. Sleeping on a cool, breathable side pillow might be the answer if you experience night sweats.
Back and Knee Support
The support the pillow offers your knees and back is another important consideration. This factor has the most impact on side sleepers. The alignment of your spine is directly affected by the knee and back support. Before selecting a pillow for your side sleeper, ensure that it offers knee and back support; otherwise, you may experience severe back pain.
Another important factor to consider is the shape of the pillow. Pillows shaped like bolsters, rectangles, or wedges are common side sleeper pillows. The most popular type of mattress for side sleepers is rectangular or wedge-shaped. The final choice is personal preference.
A pillow’s loft is its thickness. Know how thick your side sleeper pillow should be before you buy it. There are three levels of loft to choose from. It is important to avoid pillows that are too thin, which depend on your body type. People who are overweight tend to choose higher lofts, and vice versa.
A pillow’s moldability is another feature to keep in mind. In general, side sleepers place pillows under their heads and under their arms. For this purpose, a mouldable pillow is ideal. The moldability of the pillow also plays a part if you place your knees on the pillow while you sleep on your side. Overly stiff pillows shouldn’t be used by side sleepers.
We hope you gained a better understanding of side sleeper pillows after reading the above reviews. You can make sure that the side sleeper pillow you choose best suits your sleeping style using all of the information at your disposal. Be sure to consider loft, firmness, and everything else that will enable you to sleep comfortably and safely before you buy any.
More about Side Pillows
You will be able to find a mattress that satisfies your needs, regardless of whether you have any medical condition or prefer to sleep on your side. Sleeping comfortably can be achieved in a number of ways. One of those ways has to do with getting a good pillow that you can use for sleeping.
You can sleep well and quickly if you have a good pillow. Unfortunately, there are numerous pillow types available. However, not everyone knows what they are. The best side sleeper pillows are available for people who sleep on their sides. Pillows for side sleepers differ from regular pillows. You can maintain a straight spine while sleeping with its firm support. Those who sleep on their sides will greatly benefit from a side sleeper pillow. The bed relieves back and lower body pain while you sleep.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Side Sleeper Pillow
Which Pillow Should Side Sleepers Use?
For side sleepers to sleep comfortably, they need a pillow at least four inches high. Furthermore, medium-firm pillows are best for side sleepers.
- Contour Pillow with Memory Foam by VECELO
- Pillow with Shredded Memory Foam by Xtreme Comforts
- Cradle Me Cervical Pillow
- Orthopedic Cervical Pillow, MARNUR Contour Memory Foam
- Large Gel Memory Foam Pillow for Side Sleepers
- 2 Pack FDA-approved goose down alternative
- bed pillow Beckham Hotel Collection
What Is the Best Firmness for Side Sleepers?
Your personal preferences will determine what you choose. People who sleep on their sides generally prefer medium firmness. Too firm of a pillow will give them a sore back.
Which Loft Level Is Best for A Side Sleeper?
For side sleepers, loft levels between medium and high allow a significant distance between their heads and the bed surface. However, your taste ultimately determines the loft level that is best for you.
Should Side Sleepers Avoid Certain Types of Pillows?
Aside from losing shape and firmness, unnecessarily soft pillows are not good for side sleepers. Comfortable sleep can be impaired by too soft pillows. Side sleepers should not use them since their support is inadequate.
What Is the Prevalence of Side Sleeping?
A common position for sleeping is on one’s side. Especially among women, side sleeping is preferred to other positions. Sleeping on the side is more common in women than in men. In order to prevent snoring, you should sleep on your side. With the availability of the best side sleeper pillows the effects as a result are minimal.