What's in This Guide?
- 1 Why Do People Suffer from Restless Legs?
- 2 What Is the Benefit of Weighted Blankets?
- 3 A Comparison of Weighted Blankets for Restless Leg Syndrome
- 4 Choosing a Weighted Blanket that Can Relieve Restless Leg Syndrome
- 5 How to Choose the Right Weighted Blanket for Restless Leg Syndrome
- 6 The Six Best Weighted Blankets for People Who Have Restless Legs
Last Updated on January 17, 2022 by Sandra Allens
Top Pick: Quility Premium Weighted Blanket
When you need the Best Weighted Blankets for People with Restless Leg Syndrome but don’t have the time to search for it and compare prices, then choose this one.
Our first recommendation is Quility Premium Weighted Blanket, after a long research process.
There are days when it seems impossible to sit still. You can feel uncomfortable not only from this, but you can also lose sleep and become less productive from it. For those suffering from restless legs, weighted blankets are a great product to help them. This section shows which weighted blankets were the best for 2021.
- Breathable material
- Weights distributed evenly
- Expertly balancing
- Soft and supple
- A balanced distribution of weights
Restless leg syndrome is the result of this. A majority of Americans experience restless leg syndrome (RLS). Women are more likely to be affected than men. With age, you are more likely to develop this mental illness. For many people, it is a lifelong condition.
Although pharmaceutical drugs can treat this disorder, they may not completely eliminate your symptoms and may have side effects. When you’re trying to find a more natural alternative to restless legs, try a weighted blanket.
Why Do People Suffer from Restless Legs?
As its name suggests, restless leg syndrome is a condition in which you have an insatiable urge to move your legs. A large number of people also experience leg pain after sitting for a long period of time. For some, the feeling may be electrical – others describe it as crawling, throbbing, and aching.
Some people with restless legs syndrome have another condition underlying it, for others, the cause is difficult to determine. Because RLS is treated with movement, it is most often classified as a neurological disorder. However, it can also be classified as a sleep disorder or a movement disorder.
RLS May Be Caused by Several Factors Including:
- A low blood iron level
- Hemodialysis and renal disease
- Caffeine and alcohol use
- Tobacco use, smoking cigarettes
- A certain class of medications
- Insomnia, sleep disorders
There can be remissions in the early phases of restless leg syndrome. Symptoms get worse over time, making treatment more challenging. Learn more about weighted blankets, which can help relieve restless leg syndrome.
What Is the Benefit of Weighted Blankets?
Weighted blankets are exactly what they sound like – blankets with extra weight on top. Even though they appear like normal blankets, they have different weights, such as glass beads or plastic pellets. It is easy to wash and use thanks to their evenly distributed materials.
You may already know of the benefits of weighted blankets for anxiety disorders and autism in children. The use of weighted blankets for sleep disorders, including restless leg syndrome, has a long history, but new studies suggest they may also be beneficial.
For individuals with restless legs, weighted blankets are not a proven treatment. Weighted blankets can aid in soothing away uncomfortable sensations and calming the nerves of people with RLS. In addition to easing pain and aches, deep pressure touch development can alleviate disorders that can interfere with sleep.
Serotonin and dopamine levels have also been shown to be raised by weighted blanket therapy in addition to decreasing anxiety and improving sleep. Dopamine deficiency is especially important to those with RLS due to low iron levels in the brain. Restless leg syndrome may be caused by insufficiencies of the brain chemical dopamine, which controls smooth muscle movements.
A Comparison of Weighted Blankets for Restless Leg Syndrome
There has been an increase in weighted blanket therapy options as it grows in popularity. Weighed blankets today come in a variety of weights and materials that range from 5 to 30 pounds (and sometimes more). Your choice of weighted blanket should be determined by the purpose for which it will be used, as well as the features you are most concerned with.
The Following Types of Weighted Blankets Can Be Used to Treat Restless Leg Syndrome:
- Box Construction. A weighted blanket like this consists of many sewn-in boxes like a down-filled comforter. The weighted substance is placed inside each box.
- Channel Construction. As a result, weighted materials on a blanket made of channel construction are distributed evenly. In addition, the material is less likely to move, so the effect is softer and more soothing.
- Fully Sewn. Unlike most weighted blankets, these one-piece blankets do not have removable covers. Fully stitched weighted blankets distribute weighted material evenly. The size varies.
To get a better understanding of a weighted blanket, it is essential that you know the basics of one before shopping. You can learn more about what weighted blankets should look like by continuing reading.
Choosing a Weighted Blanket that Can Relieve Restless Leg Syndrome
When buying weighted blankets, there are a few things to consider. Having a clear understanding of your options will allow you to shop around for what fits your needs best. Weighted blankets for restless legs should have the following key components:
- Weight. A weighted blanket can weigh between five and thirty pounds. When choosing a blanket, choose a size that is 5%-10% your body weight. For children, select a blanket that is about 10% of their body weight plus one to two pounds.
- Fiber. It is extremely important to consider the fiber that is used to make a weighted blanket. A natural fiber like cotton is best for sensitive skin, as it won’t irritate it and it breathes well. The combination of synthetic fibers and the weight of a blanket can lead to very high temperatures. A soft blanket made of minky is also popular.
- Material. Each blanket is weighed with a different material that varies in weight and size. In addition to glass beads and plastic pellets, you can also use natural materials such as millet and rice when making beads. Lead is a potentially hazardous material in blankets.
- Size. The size of a weighted blanket can vary depending on its primary use. A child’s blanket is often smaller than the blanket for an adult. In addition to bed blankets, other blankets can be used for throws. A small blanket that drapes over your shoulders may also be available.
- Comfort. When it comes down to it, choosing the right blanket comes down to how you feel when you use it. Others like the lighter feel of linen while some like the softness of fleece or chenille. Find out which blanket you prefer by trying a few.
Weighted blankets come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and features, so you should determine what works for you. Here are our top seven picks for weighted blankets for restless legs.
How to Choose the Right Weighted Blanket for Restless Leg Syndrome
You may wonder how to determine which size of weighted blanket is right for you when you know how weighted blankets can help sufferers of restless leg syndrome. Purchasing a weighted blanket is now the next step!
Here Is Our Top Suggestion if You Don’t Know Where to Begin
Weighted Blankets for Restless Legs. Weighted blankets offer great relief for people with restless leg syndrome since they come in a variety of sizes for kids and adults. From 5 to 25 pounds, choose from six colors and eight sizes. 100% cotton fiber is blended with premium glass beads in this weighted blanket. To keep the beads in place, there are two layers of microfiber between the beads and the polyester pockets. You can wash or remove the blanket cover for cooling on hot nights to keep the blanket soft to touch. Plus, it’s guaranteed 100%.
- Advantages. There is even weight distribution, a covered surface that makes it easy to clean and maintain temperature, and 100% guarantee.
- Disadvantages. Because the cover isn’t made of natural fibers, it can be difficult to put back on
The Six Best Weighted Blankets for People Who Have Restless Legs
YnM isn’t the only option out there if it doesn’t seem right for you. In addition to the 6 weighted blankets we selected for those with restless legs syndrome:
If you want a weighted blanket that breathes well and is easy to clean, the ZonLi Breathable Weighted Blanket is the perfect choice. The blanket weighs between 5 and 30 pounds, and comes in multiple sizes, from small to king size. The blanket features a box-style construction for even distribution of the non-toxic pellets, available in neutral colors like brown, black, and beige. Additionally, a washable and removable duvet cover comes with this weighted blanket. For easy cleaning, this item is machine washable.
- Advantages. The material is cotton, it is available in many sizes, the pellets are non-toxic, and it is constructed of boxes to distribute weight evenly. Easy to clean.
- Disadvantages. During the summer months, the skin can become very thin, and the heat can cause the skin to thin out
Choosing a weighted blanket that is both comfortable and luxurious is a wise decision. This blanket, which has a soothing weight to it, features minky fabric sewn directly into glass beads. In addition to its comforter-like feel, it can also be used for comfort during the daytime. There is a lifetime guarantee on this weighted blanket, and it has a 2-piece removable duvet cover. Pick from six different weights and colors including blue, green, grey, purple, and black. There is a weight range of five to twenty five pounds for our bags. As well as providing weighted comfort, this blanket also provides multiple sensory inputs through minty cloth and beads.
- Advantages. With the two-piece duvet cover, it’s easy to machine wash, distributes weight evenly, adds sensory input, and comes in more than one weight and color.
- Disadvantages. A very expensive piece for larger sizes, and some users may find the cotton filling too warm
Restless Leg Syndrome Weighted Blanket. There are a number of different weights and sizes of weighted blanket. The weight can range from 5 to 25 pounds. It is designed with seven layers that conform to the body and distribute weight and warmth evenly. All of our fabrics are breathable cotton or plush minky, and they’re available in a variety of colors and patterns. Boxes contain more glass beads than fiberfill in order to maintain an optimal body temperature. It is also guaranteed for 3 years.
- Advantages. A 5- to 25-pound capacity, breathable, 3-year warranty, and less fiber means more accurate temperature regulation are features of this mattress.
- Disadvantages. The seams might tear when washed in a machine
Rocabi’s weighted blankets provide maximum value for a very high price. Two removable covers are included with this weighted blanket, as well as a weighted cotton blanket. Both covers are made of organic cotton and ultra-soft minky. If you’re looking for warmth and comfort, pick a minky cover; if you prefer something cooler, pick a cotton cover. For the best weight distribution and an ultimate sense of comfort, the weighted blanket is filled with premium glass beads. Two sizes and three weights are available for your convenience.
- Advantages. The bundle adds warmth with glass beads, plush minky material for warmth, cotton material to breathe, washable and removable covers. However, this bundle is quite costly.
- Disadvantages. Limited selection of sizes and weights, bundles are expensive
This is an affordable weighted blanket that is still comfortable and offers quality. It is made of flannel and is machine washable. Weighted blanket made from 100% cotton fibers with glass beads to create an even distribution of weight. This blanket does not have a removable cover, but is capable of being machine washed gently. The weighted blanket comes in three sizes and three weights. The sewing technique holds beads in place better than conventional methods and ensures a higher level of reliability.
- Advantages. The price is reasonable, the fibers are 100% cotton, the weight is glass beads, and the weight is distributed evenly.
- Disadvantages. The cover cannot be removed, there are limited sizes and weights, and the model is less durable
With its exclusive Evenflor technology, this deluxe sleeping blanket is designed specifically for the purpose of calming you down. The exterior of this blanket is two-sided and available in five color combinations. Silk-like material adorns one side, and green sensadots cover the other. For easy cleaning and durability, this weighted blanket has a two-part construction with a zippered cover. One of its negative aspects is its size and weight; it is only 60*80 inches and weighs 12 pounds.
- Advantages. Features SensaDot texture on both sides, durable 2-piece construction with even weight distribution, 7 colors available.
- Disadvantages. The only size and weight available is one, so it may seem too warm for some users
There is a great deal of desperation associated with restless leg syndrome sufferers. A study showed that weighted blankets can ease restless leg symptoms and reduce anxiety symptoms without having any adverse effects. Our top-rated weighted blankets will appeal to you if that is your preference!