What's in This Guide?
- 1 Nectar Mattress Review – The Highlights
- 2 Brand Overview
- 3 Recommendations for Sleeping
- 4 Models of Nectar Mattresses
- 5 Feel And Construction
- 6 Nectar Mattress: Pressure Relief, Support, And Durability
- 7 Special Features
- 8 Nectar Mattress: Pricing and Sizing Information
- 9 Warranty, Trials, And Shipping of Nectar Mattresses
- 10 Nectar’s Lifetime Warranty is as Follows:
- 11 Overview of all positives and Negatives
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions About Nectar Mattress
Nectar Mattress Review – The Highlights
- The mattress is made from a premium memory foam cover with a cooling layer on top for a restful night’s sleep.
- Both of these mattresses feature a cooling comfort layer and pressure point relief designed to reduce pressure points.
- CertiPUR-US® Certified memory foam balances and supports your body evenly for cradling comfort.
As of 2016, Nectar Sleep manufactures mattresses and beds. The company was founded by Craig Schmeizer, Eric Hutchinson, and Ran Reske. Over 35 million dollars of revenue was generated within the company’s first year. There have been many awards won by Nectar, including best mattress of 2017 and best value from Tuck, Mattress Advisor, and Slumber Yard.
According to the FAQ section of the Nectar website, it produces mattresses through a diversified supply chain. Chinese, Mexican, Malaysian, Vietnamese, and US products are purchased and manufactured by the company. Safety and sanitation are the highest priorities for the company, which assures customers.
Keeping you cool while molding to your body, the Nectar mattress is 11 inches thick. The mattress offers not only comfort, but also motion transfer reduction and non-stop airflow throughout the night for a good night’s rest.
Nectar offers more than just memory foam mattresses. Nectar offers accessories like pillow sets, sheets, and mattress protectors. Aside from making foundations and headboards, they also make adjustable bases. These extras may even be included with your purchase, depending when you shop.
With Nectar, you can sleep on their mattress with no risk for 365 nights. We provide free shipping on every mattress purchase, and we provide a lifetime warranty.
Recommendations for Sleeping
When choosing the right mattress, you should consider your personal preferences, your sleeping preferences, and the mattress’ size. Side sleepers, back sleepers, and stomach sleepers are the three main sleep styles.
Maintaining proper spinal alignment while you sleep is important regardless of how you sleep. A lack of adequate support can result in back and neck pain if you sleep on your back or stomach. Pressure point relief is even more important when you sleep on your side.
The firmness level of memory foam mattresses tends to depend on your size, however. Weighted people may not experience the same comfort and support from a lightweight mattress as a lighter person.
Here’s What Nectar Mattress Can Offer You Depending on Your Sleeping Style:
- Side Sleepers. It is important that side sleepers are supported and relieved from pressure. There is no difference between the Lush and the Nectar models to say.
- Back Sleepers. For proper spinal alignment, lumbar support is crucial. Neither Nectar Lush nor Nectar offer much firmness, though the Nectar Lush is firmer.
- Stomach Sleepers. In order to stay comfortable and aligned, stomach sleepers need balanced support. The Nectar Lush may be too soft for heavier stomach sleepers.
- Combination Sleepers. Combination sleepers will be able to reposition both Nectar mattresses easily because the mattresses are both made of multiple layers of foam.
- Couples. In addition to being excellent motion isolation mattresses, Nectar mattresses are also versatile enough to fit different sleeping styles.
- Heavy Sleepers. Due to its firmer feel than the Lush, the Nectar may be more comfortable for heavier sleepers, although it may still be too soft.
- Lightweight Sleepers. The Nectar Lush mattress may be preferred by some light sleepers compared to the Nectar.
There are some significant differences between the two Nectar mattresses, but both provide exceptional sleep for varied sleeping styles. Those who sleep on their backs or stomachs may prefer the original Nectar due to its firmer feel. Nectar Lush’s plushness makes it an excellent choice for side sleepers and those who prefer softer mattresses.
Consider both your sleep style and preferences when deciding which mattress is best for you.
Models of Nectar Mattresses
In an effort to keep their prices as low as possible, some companies only offer one model. Nectar offers two different foam mattresses, each with a Tencel cover and foam core.
They are as follows:
- Nectar Mattress
- Lush Nectar Mattress
4 layers of foam compose the Nectar mattress, which is 11 inches in diameter. Based on a solid 5lb super core base. A layer of memory foam is also added to the CertiPUR-US® Certified foam support layer. You can stay cool while lying on this mattress because it has a removable cover to protect the mattress and a quilted design to cushion you. There are six standard sizes of this mattress.
There are five layers of memory foam in the Nectar Lush mattress. High-density and gel-coated memory foam layers layered over a supportive, luxurious base foam provide an exceptional pressure relief and temperature regulation system. In comparison to the original Nectar mattress, the Lush version is a bit softer.
Nectar mattresses provide a comfortable and supportive combination. Consider your sleep style and firmness preferences before deciding between the two models.
Feel And Construction
In addition to twin and full sizing, Nectar mattress comes in queen and king sizes. Lush and Nectar mattresses use memory foam and cover them with premium fibers.
Original Nectar mattresses have a six-inch layer of high-density poly foam that addresses the issues described above. It consists of a three-inch layer of gel topped with adaptive hi-core memory foam that disperses weight and body heat. An inch of quilted memory foam is topped with a Tencel-weaved top cover designed to keep the mattress cool.
Besides the 7-inch high-density poly foam layer at the top of the Nectar Lush mattress, the mattress is covered in 2 inches of memory foam. The next layer of foam is composed of two inches of Energex transition foam, which can bounce, compress quickly, and provide mobility. By applying this layer, you will breathe new life into your mattress. The mattress has a third layer of gel-coated memory foam, which features Aquacool in the center and keeps you cool while you sleep.
Here is a Description of Nectar’s Construction:
- Covered mattress made of memory foam
- Memory foam infused with cooling gel
- Memory foam with Hi-Core adaptability
- Foam base stabilizing
- Covers with non-slip bottoms
On a scale of 1-10, 6.5 is considered medium-firm, or the original Nectar mattress. In addition to being comfortable and supportive, the mattress is just the right firmness level. With a rating between a 5.5 and a 6, it is slightly softer than the Nectar Lush. It is a comfortable option for side sleepers, but it may be too soft for those who sleep on their backs. For this sleeping style, you may prefer the original Nectar, which is firmer and more supportive.
Despite using similar materials, the construction of the two Nectar mattresses differs slightly. A memory foam layer is incorporated into the quilted cover of the original Nectar. Throughout the gel foam layer of the Nectar Lush you’ll find Aquacool.
Nectar Lush Mattresses are Constructed as follows:
- Cooling cover made of premium fiber
- Memory foam coated with Aquacool
- Memory foam with a high density by EnergyX
- Foam that supports and stabilizes
Besides the high quality materials, Nectar is also extremely comfortable. Support, pressure relief, or cooling comfort are all provided by different layers of memory foam. The benefits of this mattress make it one of the best for back pain. The pillow is suitable for all sleeping styles, however. You can choose your firmness preference from two models.
Nectar Mattress: Pressure Relief, Support, And Durability
The durability of the mattress is important when you purchase one. In order to endure a lot of use, you should find something that can endure a great deal of sleep. The average memory foam mattress usually lasts seven to eight years, but the construction, firmness, and overall quality all will influence its longevity significantly.
Memory foam is used in Nectar mattresses. Although the original and Lush Nectar mattresses have different densities, based on firmness alone you may think the original is more durable. Body weight and sleeping style both play a part. Those who sleep heavily will notice body impressions developing over time. Nevertheless, because the company was founded in 2016, it’s hard to predict how durable these mattresses will be over the long run.
Neither Nectar mattress performs poorly in terms of support. Neither model has a top layer that is firmer than its two layers underneath. Your spine is aligned by these layers, which reduce strain on it. The average sleeper will find Nectar very comfortable despite its memory foam construction. Heavy sleepers may have a difficult time finding the support they need, however.
As a top pick for the best mattress for side sleepers, Nectar mattresses are particularly good at relieving pressure points.
It is important that the mattress conforms to the body contours to relieve pressure – that is, it should sink under pressure points and “cradle” the body. The medium firmness of ‘Nectar’ and ‘Nectar Lush‘ makes them suitable for most sleep styles. Rather than sleeping “on” the bed, you will tend to sleep “in” the bed. If you’re looking for something like that, then this might be a plus.
The mattresses at Nectar are all made from durable materials and provide cooling comfort and support. Both options are good, but you should take into account all the factors that affect good sleep. It’s important to take other factors into account, such as edge support and temperature regulation, in addition to pressure point relief.
The following features Should Be Considered Before Making Your Choice:
- Motion Isolation. Motion isolation is a strong suit for the Nectar and Nectar Lush mattresses. A sensitive partner is especially in need of this quality. You’ll feel movement less if you have motion isolation, which relies on foams that respond more slowly.
- Edge Support. Compared to traditional spring mattresses, memory foam mattresses have a poorer performance. You might feel like you’re going to roll off the edge when lying on an edge because the foam will compress. The Nectar is a decent memory foam mattress with respect to edge support. The Nectar Lush may have just a slight advantage in this category due to its inch thickness.
- Temperature Regulation. You’re not as cool at night as you think you are depending on the materials. Hi-density foam generally keeps you cooler than medium- or low-density foam, and memory foam generally traps heat less than spring mattresses. High-density poly foam is at the base of both Nectar models, so heat is likely to be trapped during sleep. The Nectar mattresses do, however, incorporate a cooling cover and gel memory foam to make up for it. It’s covered with materials that make it breathe well, like Tencel lyocell and cotton. A central layer of Aquacool enhances temperature regulation in the Nectar Lush and is complemented by Memory Foam.
- Sustainable Materials. Neither Nectar mattress contains ozone-depleting materials, formaldehyde, or heavy metals and is certified CertiPUR-US®. CertiPUR-US®, an independent global standard, certifies the materials in Nectar mattresses, which are made outside the United States.
- Certifications. In addition to being CertiPUR-US® Certified, the Nectar mattress contains a large percentage of memory foam that is tested for chemical toxicity. Certified to Oeko-Tex® Standard 100, the luxury cover is available in a variety of colors and designs.
- Personalized service. Mattresses purchased online are typically compressed and shipped in boxes so that the customer can assemble them themselves. The Setup after Delivery service offered by Nectar takes things a step further. Using White Glove Service, you can have a new mattress delivered, installed, and your old one removed. The mattress costs $149 and each additional item costs $45 extra.
Nectar Mattress: Pricing and Sizing Information
You can save a lot of money when you buy mattresses online, even though mattresses are expensive. Because of this, you can reduce your own rates and that of the online mattress companies. Customers receive direct deliveries from them. Despite Nectar’s affordability, it offers excellent value, especially considering the company represents brand names from mattress stores.
There are six standard US sizes available for both Nectar and Nectar Lush, such as twin to king. Starting at $898 and ranging up to $1,398 for the original Nectar, the Nectar Lush starts at $1,099 and is priced between $1,799 and $2,499. It is common for Nectar to run promotions with discounts and free accessories such as bedding and pillows, amounting to up to $200 off.
|Nectar Original Mattress|
|Size||Dimensions Weight Price|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 10”||45 lbs.||$898|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 10”||48 lbs.||$968|
|Full||54” x 75” x 10”||68 lbs.||$1,098|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||74 lbs.||$1,198|
|King||76” x 80” x 10”||89 lbs.||$1,398|
|Cal. King||72” x 84” x 10”||89 lbs.||$1,398|
According to our October 2017 weigh-in, the king size Nectar mattress weighs 89 pounds, while the twin size weighs 45 pounds. Neither the Nectar Lush nor Cupcake are heavier than each other. Rolling and compressing mattresses is part of the shipping process. To remove the mattress from its packaging, you simply move it to the location of your choice. A few hours later, it will be back to normal.
|Nectar Lush Mattress|
|Size||Dimensions Weight Retail Price|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 12”||45 lbs.||$1,099|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 12”||48 lbs.||$1,149|
|Full||54” x 75” x 12”||68 lbs.||$1,349|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||74 lbs.||$1,499|
|King||76” x 80” x 12”||89 lbs.||$1,799|
|Cal. King||72” x 84” x 12”||89 lbs.||$1,799|
Within the contiguous United States, shipping is free for Nectar mattresses. A $150 fee may apply to orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii. If you place your order within 1 to 5 business days, your mattress will be delivered to you within the same period. An additional $149 is charged for White Glove Service when you order. Your new mattress will be put up and removed when it arrives. Setup for additional items costs $45 per item.
There is no charge for booking through Nectar. There is no pre-paid credit card or PayPal option currently available on the order page. Nectar utilizes Affirm for financial services. The 0% APR repayment option has three options: 12 months, 18 months, and 24 months. You can also split your payment using Split it.
Warranty, Trials, And Shipping of Nectar Mattresses
Unlike many online mattress companies, Nectar allows you to test your new mattress for a full year. Before purchasing a mattress, you cannot test it in a store. During the trial period, you can use the mattress to test its comfort year-round, regardless of the weather.
The Nectar mattress comes with a full money back guarantee, so if you decide it’s not for you, we’ll refund you fully. Your mattress will be donated or disposed of locally by Customer Care – they will not receive it. You will be refunded in full, less any additional shipping fees, once your donation is confirmed. Products that are part of a promotion cannot be returned.
After the first 90 days after delivery, mattresses that have not been opened are considered misused and cannot be returned. For this reason, opened mattresses cannot be returned before the 30-day trial period is over. The United States contiguous area is not eligible for returns.
A lifetime warranty is also included with the Nectar mattress in addition to the free shipping and 365-night trial. The first 10 years after purchasing a Nectar mattress, the company will replace it for free if there are manufacturing or material defects. We will then repair and recover the mattress.
Nectar’s Lifetime Warranty is as Follows:
There is no better warranty than this. Duration. Small type and legalese are not permitted. Nectar will replace your Nectar for free if, during normal use, it breaks. Whatever time frame you choose, it does not matter. As with quality products, Nectar is designed to be long lasting.”
If you don’t love it, Nectar offers a 365-night trial so you can risk nothing. As well as a lifetime warranty, you’ll get a lifetime support plan.
Overview of all positives and Negatives
Nowadays, there is no shortage of options when it comes to online mattresses. Take the time to consider both the good and the bad aspects of the Nectar and the Nectar Lush mattresses before choosing one. You need to decide what is important to you since no mattress is perfect for everyone.
A Brief Overview of the Nectar Mattress’ Positives and Negatives follows:
Advantages of Nectar Mattress
- Ideal for side sleepers, excellent pressure relief
- Affordable construction with a high level of quality
- With a 365-night trial, you can try the sleep system risk-free
- Isolates motion well, making it a great option for couples
Disadvantages of Nectar Mattress
- This mattress may not be ideal for stomach sleepers
- Neither model may be firm enough for heavy sleepers
- Changing positions can be difficult with slow-response foam
As you consider your options, we recommend that you learn more about Nectar. There is minimal risk involved in trying it out, since the trial period is generous and there is free shipping and returns. Consider these options if you are not yet sure.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nectar Mattress
Which Materials Make up the Nectar Mattress?
All Nectar mattresses come with a cooling cover that is milled from specially formulated, performance-grade material. They provide cradling comfort and firm support thanks to CertiPUR-US® Certified memory foam.
Is a Foundation Necessary for the Nectar Mattress?
It is recommended that you use Nectar mattresses with a supportive foundation. Slat and metal bed frames as well as adjustable frames are compatible with these mattresses. As long as you put a box spring under your metal frame for support, you should be fine.
Is Nectar Mattress Suitable for Beds with Adjustable Frames?
An adjustable bed frame would definitely benefit from this mattress. According to Nectar, its adjustable bed frames come in various sizes and range in price from $849 to $1,698.
Is It Necessary to Flip the Mattress?
Although a Nectar mattress is made entirely of foam, flipping the mattress would not be difficult, but changing the experience would be. As this mattress is designed from top to bottom, sleeping on it upside down will not give you the same level of comfort and support. One or two times a month, you should rotate the mattress 180 degrees to ensure even wear.
Before I Buy the Nectar Mattress, Can I Try It?
It is not possible to purchase Nectar mattresses in stores. Because the trial period lasts for 365 nights, you can buy one without any risk. You can return Nectar for a full refund of the purchase price if you decide it isn’t right for you at the end of the first 30 days.