What's in This Guide?
- 1 Puffy Mattress Review: Brand Overview
- 2 Puffy Mattress: The Highlights
- 3 Recommendations for A Healthy Sleep Style
- 4 Models of Puffy Mattresses
- 5 Puffy Mattress: Feel And Construction
- 6 Puffy Mattress: Pressure Relief, Durability, and Support
- 7 Special Features of Puffy Mattress
- 8 Puffy Mattress: Information On Sizes and Prices
- 9 Puffy Mattress: Warranty, Trials, And Shipping
- 10 Overview of Pros and Cons
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions About Puffy Mattresses
Last Updated on January 21, 2023 by
Puffy Mattress Review: Brand Overview
Puffy mattresses‘ flagship product has been an all-foam 10-inch mattress since 2017. Puffy also offers two luxurious versions of its mattresses: Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal.
Having developed their products using top sleep technologies and years of research, Puffy produces products with the promise of “perfect sleep. This reduces pressure points and enhances blood circulation, thereby reducing back pain. No matter what body type or sleep position you adopt, the Cooling Cloud adaptive foam distributes weight evenly and disperses heat effectively, all night long.
More than just a mattress company, Puffy provides a complete range of bedroom products. In addition to bedding and mattresses, they have bed frames and adjustable bases. With puffy mattress toppers and protectors, you can stay comfortable all night long. In addition to weighted blankets, pillows, and sheets, Puffy offers weighted blankets.
Additionally, Puffy mattresses are covered by a lifetime warranty, so you can take care of them for the rest of your life. You can try all models for 101 nights for free after 1 to 3 business days of shipping. In addition, Puffy mattresses come with a lifetime guarantee for as long as you own them.
Puffy Mattress: The Highlights
- There are two types of Puffy mattresses: all-foam models and mattresses with a medium firmness level.
- The Puffy company offers mattresses, bed frames, adjustable bases, and bedding for its Puffy Lux and Royal models.
- These Puffy mattresses are safe and eco-friendly since they are certified CertiPUR-US® and certified Oeko-Tex®.
Recommendations for A Healthy Sleep Style
It is recommended that you sleep on your side, your back, or your stomach, according to the Better Sleep Council. Regardless of what sleeping style you prefer, there may be health implications when it comes to sleeping styles. The key is to find a mattress that fits your sleeping style and gives you comfort.
The benefits of back sleeping extend to better head, back, and neck alignment. However, it may exacerbate problems with acid reflux and snoring. In side sleeping, hips and backs may suffer. For this reason, you need support and softness. For proper spinal alignment, a firm mattress is best for stomach sleepers.
Depending on Your Sleeping Style, Puffy Can Provide the Following:
- Side Sleepers. The upper layer of the mattress provides enhanced pressure relief and helps reduce shoulder and hip pain.
- Back Sleepers. With the comfort layer, the spine remains neutral and pressure is reduced, while the cushioning and contouring work together to provide the optimal lumbar support. Having said that, some people prefer firmer mattresses.
- Stomach Sleepers. Because it’s designed to provide support, the base might not be as firm as it is in the larger sizes.
- Combination Sleepers. This foam mattress provides both cushion and support, so repositioning may be a bit more challenging.
- Couples. Couples looking for excellent motion isolation will appreciate the features of this mattress.
- Heavy Sleepers. Heavy sleepers may find the mattress to be too soft and prefer a mattress which is firmer in comparison to the current mattress.
- Lightweight Sleepers. Despite its plush design, this mattress provides pressure-relieving support for the lightest sleepers without sacrificing sinkage through its top layer.
Traditional Innerspring Mattresses do not offer the same level of comfort and support as memory foam mattresses. For added comfort, gel memory foam or cooling memory foam can be added to customize the mattress to match your sleeping style.
Models of Puffy Mattresses
Thanks to initiatives like bed in a box, it is now easier and cheaper to get a quality mattress. The best online mattress companies offer a variety of mattresses in contrast to many companies, which offer a single mattress.
There are Three Models Currently Available from Puffy:
- Puffy Original. Several categories for all types of sleepers included Puffy’s original mattress as the top mattress in 2020. Mattress comes with a 101-night sleep trial and can be used with any frame or surface. Featuring layers of premium memory foam, this mattress has a stain-resistant, machine-washable cover.
- Puffy Lux. For medium-plush comfort, it is ranked between a score of 5 and 7 on a 10-point scale. When you unfold the mattress, the Firm Core Support layer is at the top, and the Climate Comfort layer is at the bottom. The Luxury Puffy Mattress features a luxurious cover, dual cloud foam, and cooling clouds.
- Puffy Royal. A luxury mattress of 14 inches, the Puffy Royal provides medium firmness. There is also a fifth layer of stain-resistant fabric on this mattress in addition to the fourth layer of memory foam. In all three Puffy mattresses, the top layer is breathable and the base layer is supportive and firm.
Puffy Mattress: Feel And Construction
Puffy’s three models all come in all six standard sizes in the U.S. Three layers of all-foam produce an optimal level of comfort and support in the original Puffy mattress.
The 7-inch layer of the foundation reacts to the weight and pressure of each person, thereby providing stability and minimizing sinkage. A 2-inch ClimateComfort foam layer perches on top of the base layer to provide temperature stability. By neutralizing temperature throughout the year, you can sleep in comfort without worrying about hot or cold temperatures.
All three Puffy models were layered with the 4-year-old Cooling Cloud foam in our study and testing process. While providing cradling support, the material does not restrict air flow to prevent overheating. A removable, washable cover is also included with each Puffy mattress.
Mattresses with Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal layers have more foam layers than those with Original Puffy. The Puffy Lux features 1.5 inches of foam, which relieves pressure and makes sleep more comfortable for you. This Puffy Royal mattress further enhances comfort and breathability with its curved foam layer.
The Puffy Mattress is Constructed as follows:
- Base foam for a firm core
- Adaptive foam for climate comfort
- Foam with grooved edges.
- Foam that contours to the body.
- Thermoregulation foam Cooling Cloud
- Cover is washable and removable
Puffy’s unique sleep experience is created by combining premium memory foams. Besides being ideal for back pain, puffy mattresses can be used by anyone. You can pick a Puffy mattress according to your preferences with three options available.
Puffy Mattress: Pressure Relief, Durability, and Support
Since Puffy is a relatively new company, it’s hard to determine how long their products will last. A synthetic all-foam mattress is generally less durable than an innerspring mattress. As foam density also factors into durability, Puffy mattresses may last shorter than those made with denser foam. Durability, of course, depends on body weight.
Sleeping on puffy beds is similar to floating on clouds. Memory foam layers conform to your body for a comfortable sleeping experience. The durable firm core of the mattress provides lumbar support with ease. Mattress top layers generally respond faster and have fewer bounces than base layers.
Pressure points are relieved well with puffy mattresses. As a result, it minimizes pressure on hips and shoulders, because it contours to the curves of the body. Puffy’s memory foam mattress is therefore great for those who sleep on their sides. Some areas might feel warm or hot, however, if you sleep on your stomach or are a heavy sleeper.
Special Features of Puffy Mattress
Mattresses designed for side sleepers provide pressure relief and support, thus making them one of the top choices for side sleepers. In either case, the Puffy is a great choice for anyone suffering from back pain.
Consider the following Additional Features Before Buying this Mattress:
- Motion Isolation. People who share a bed will benefit from the mattress’ excellent motion isolation. Sleep disruption caused by movement is minimized with motion isolation. Since memory foam mattresses have a high point elasticity, they deliver well in this area.
- Edge Support. However, foam mattresses are not as good at edge support as they are at motion isolation. You may notice that the edge of your Puffy mattress dips a little when you sit on it. The edge may become sagging over time, causing some users difficulty getting out of bed.
- Temperature Regulation. In order to provide a consistent sleep experience year-round, the Puffy mattress is designed for temperature neutrality. Puffy mattresses sleep cooler than other memory foam mattresses because of the cooling gel foam, but they were a little warmer than softer mattresses with less contouring. The extra layer of grooved memory foam in the Royal model reduces heat retention and improves airflow because memory foam tends to retain heat.
- Materials that are environmentally friendly. Among the ingredients Puffy mattresses are free of are:
- Ozone depleters
- like PBDEs, TDCPPs, or TCEPs
- Mercury and Lead
- Certifications. Certified by CertiPUR-US, Puffy mattresses must contain only foam that is free of toxic chemicals or heavy metals. ‘Oeko-Tex’ is the standard that certifies the cover as being eco-friendly.
The indoor air quality is also very good due to the low levels of VOC emissions.
Puffy Mattress: Information On Sizes and Prices
Online mattress shopping has a number of benefits, including the price. Cutting out the middleman might cut your costs by hundreds or thousands, but the best mattress in a box will still be a significant investment. Companies selling online mattresses directly to consumers save money that they pass on to you.
Puffy has surprisingly affordable prices. Puffy’s original range starts at approximately $800 and the Puffy Lux ranges from around $1,450. There are also Puffy promotions, where up to $300 is taken off the regular price. There may also be free items such as Puffy Pillows that provide customizable comfort layers.
These include twins, twin XLs, fulls, queens, kings, and California kings. There are no custom sizes available for RVs, campers, or children’s beds at Puffy.
|Puffy Original Mattress|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 10”||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 10”||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54” x 75” x 10”||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76” x 80” x 10”||87 lbs.||$1,350|
|Cal. King||72” x 84” x 10”||87 lbs.||$1,350|
Original Puffy mattresses range in thickness from 10 inches to 87 inches. There are 45 to 95 pounds of weight range in the Puffy Lux mattress. It measures 12 inches deep. Puffy Royal weighs 60 to 130 pounds, depending on its size, and is the thickest and heaviest of the models.
|Puff Lux Mattress|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 12”||45 lbs.||$1,445|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 12”||49 lbs.||$1,495|
|Full||54” x 75” x 12”||63 lbs.||$1,595|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||75 lbs.||$1,795|
|King||76” x 80” x 12”||95 lbs.||$1,995|
|Cal. King||72” x 84” x 12”||95 lbs.||$1,995|
Within the contiguous U.S., Puffy mattresses ship for free. The delivery of your mattress will usually take between 1 and 3 business days. Mattresses are rolled and compressed before shipping. Several hours must pass after the package is removed from the table, before it can be set up where it will be seen.
|Puff Royal Mattress|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 14”||60 lbs.||$1,645|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 14”||60 lbs.||$1,745|
|Full||54” x 75” x 14”||85 lbs.||$2,445|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 14”||100 lbs.||$2,695|
|King||76” x 80” x 14”||130 lbs.||$2,995|
|Cal. King||72” x 84” x 14”||130 lbs.||$2,995|
Payments can be made with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express at Puffy. Direct credit card payments can be made through PayPal or through the website. In addition to offering financing through Puffy, Klarna also offers it. Your interest will be waived if you pay in full within six to twelve months. You must select the Klarna payment option or enter your name, address, and social security number at the checkout.
Puffy Mattress: Warranty, Trials, And Shipping
If you’re wondering about Puffy’s return policy, it’s because the mattress is not available at stores for trial. A full refund is also available for Puffy customers who return their mattresses within 101 days of purchase, in addition to their 101-night trial.
Puffy encourages you to give the mattress at least a month before returning it if you’re not completely satisfied. When you are using your first foam mattress, your body will need time to adjust. Customer should try out their mattress for at least 14 days during the 30-day adjustment period. You can initiate a return if you are still not satisfied.
Despite what the name implies, Puffy does not actually accept returns. After receiving your mattress, they’ll contact local charities to arrange for it to be picked up. You won’t receive a refund, however, if you ordered from Alaska or Hawaii.
In addition to a free 101-night trial, Puffy offers a lifetime warranty and free returns. Original purchasers are only covered by this warranty.
Puffy’s Lifetime Warranty Includes the Following Features:
- It covers repairs and replacements of certain products that are covered by the warranty, during the total ownership and use of the original owner.
- The warranty is void if the mattress has been abused or damaged by improper use. The mattress must be used on an appropriate bed frame or base to qualify for the warranty.
- A manufacturer’s defect in the cover zipper and physical defects are covered defects as well as visible indentations or saggings on the cover more than 1.5 inches.
- Damage caused by animals or physical damage caused by the owner is not covered by warranty. There is no warranty for improper use, minor imperfections, stains, or tears.
In order to guarantee your satisfaction, Puffy offers a risk-free, 100-percent money-back guarantee. You can try our mattresses for 30 days hassle-free, along with a lifetime warranty.
Overview of Pros and Cons
It’s important to research your mattress company before making your choice. Even the best companies offer ups and downs. In addition to three different mattresses, Puffy offers a couple of options if you’re looking for the best mattress for back and neck pain.
Here Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Puffy Mattresses Quickly Summarized:
Among the Benefits of Puffy Mattresses Are the Following:
- Memory foam layered three to five times
- The firmness of the mattress will vary depending on the model you choose
- Free shipping and returns and a lifetime warranty during the free trial period
- The mattress is very breathable, provides pressure relief, and isolates motion well
The Puffy Mattress Has the Following Cons:
- The mattress may not be suited to people who sleep on their backs or who are heavy sleepers
- Some people find this mattress too soft for edge support, not the strongest mattress
- The mattress may be difficult to move on if it has a low bounce level
Consider your options after reading this article about Puffy mattresses. You have a free 101-night trial and 30 days to return it, so you have little risk in giving it a shot if it seems to be the perfect fit. Consider other options if you aren’t sure yet.
Other Reviews of Mattresses Can Be Found Here
Frequently Asked Questions About Puffy Mattresses
Which Material Makes up The Puffy Mattress?
Certified CertiPUR-US foam powers the Puffy mattress. Unlike the original Puffy, the Puffy Lux mattress has a layer of Dual Plush Cloud foam on top of its three layers. With the 14-inch diameter Puffy Royal, you get all of these layers plus a textured layer of foam that helps regulate temperature and give you better support.
Is a Foundation Necessary for The Puffy Mattress?
It’s not necessary. Even the floor can be used with the Puffy mattress. When choosing a surface, make sure it is level. Mattresses in the Puffy collection include platform beds, adjustable frames, box springs, and slatted frames.
Is the Puffy Mattress Compatible with An Adjustable Bed?
An adjustable base is compatible with each of the Puffy mattresses. Consider the Puffy adjustable bed frame if you’d like to try one.
Is It Necessary to Flip the Mattress?
Puffy’s seven-inch mattress has a base of 7 inches and a contouring foam layer of 1.5 inches. Doing so might change your sleep experience, so flipping the mattress is not necessary. If you want to ensure even wear on your mattress, you should rotate it 180 degrees on occasion.
Before Buying Puffy Mattress, Can I Try It?
It is not possible to buy Puffy mattresses in stores. If you’d like, you can have 101 nights risk-free at home. Puffy gives you a 14-day trial period before you make a final decision. There is no shipping charge and a full refund will be given if you are not pleased with it.